Saturday, October 25, 2008

Bread, bagels, breakfast


Today was a baking day, I made 2 loaves of bread and about 10 bagels. That should be enough to last us until Monday, maybe Tuesday.
I started to restock my freezer today. I like to make some of the kids favorite breakfast foods and stash them in the freezer so that if we are running behind on a school morning or if I'm just being lazy and don't want to cook, the kids can still have a hot breakfast. This afternoon I decided to do whole wheat chocolate chip pancakes, these are a BIG hit with the tribe. Generally I try to do this kind of cooking when the kids are in bed and for good reason. I can usually get about 4 dozen pancakes out of a double batch, today only 2 dozen made it to the freezer. Cheeseburger boy and Super Why kept running back and forth from the dining room to the kitchen, one more Mom, one more Mom, please. I can't really blame it all on them, I did eat about 4 of them myself.
This week I'm going to restock the bacon, egg & cheeses bagels. I'll post some photos when I'm done. If your interested in any of the recipes, let me know.

No comments: